Queenstown Honeymoon Checklist
As the Southern Hemisphere’s premier four season lake and alpine resort, Queenstown is one of the most picturesque and romantic honeymoon destinations no matter the season.
Each season has its charms, summers filled with long days and balmy nights, autumns vibrant colour display, winters crisp alpine air and mountain scene, and springs beautiful blooms and bluebird days.
Escape to paradise and enjoy a honeymoon filled with adventure and relaxation all the while being immersed in some of the worlds most rugged and untouched landscapes. We have put together a checklist of must do activities for the ultimate romantic Queenstown honeymoon:
- Indulge in a romantic meal at on of the many award wining restaurants while taking in sweeping lake and mountain views.
- Enjoy a cruise on Lake Wakatipu aboard the historic steamship
- Take a heli ride to a glacier and mountain peak for a picnic, or a scenic flight over the Wakatipu basin
- Picnic in the hills or on the water’s edge with delicious locally sourced food and wine
- Exploring Queenstown’s wineries on a tour by car or bike.
- Take a leap of faith together with a skydive, bungy or canyon swing.
- Unwind at a spa and enjoy a couple’s massage, or in a private luxury hot tub overlooking mountains and valleys.
- Tour through famous movie locations in Glenorchy and Skippers canyon.
Complete your romantic honeymoon experience by staying with Staysouth. Choose from the extensive Staysouth property portfolio – Managers of Queenstown’s premium luxury accommodation. Enjoy the luxury of your own private villa or penthouse in downtown Queenstown, relax with a glass of bubbles and take in the uninterrupted lake views, or curl up in front of the fire with a movie and glass of local Pinot Noir.