Queenstown Winter Festival – Top 5 Things to Do
Queenstown is counting down to the biggest 4 days in winter, with the Queenstown Winter Festival just around the corner
Snow, family fun, and exciting nightlife in Queenstown are about to intensify with the biggest annual winter party – Queenstown Winter Festival – about to begin.
The Queenstown Winter Festival kicks off on the 21st June. It’s an action-packed event with fun for young and old, families and partygoers alike. Not to mention plenty of snow on the ski fields, Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
At Staysouth.com, we love Winter Fest. It’s an awesome time of year. So we’ve picked out our Top 5 things to do at Queenstown Winter Festival.
- Opening of Festival Village: This is a free event and symbolizes what partying in Queenstown is all about. The festival village will be open from noon daily with loads of opportunity for you to take in some brilliant local music, and delicious food and beverages, including Rekorderlig cider.
- Comedy Night: Another event not to be missed if you enjoy a laugh. Featuring top Kiwi comedians, this R18 event is held at Queenstown Memorial Centre from 8pm. Tickets $49.
- Mountain Mayhem: Head up to Cardrona for crazy games and races, including the Monteith’s Dog Derby, snow tubing and the all new Snow Skate Slalom. Free event starting at 10am
- Friday Fireworks: Lake Wakatipu lights up as we continue our winter celebration with our 7pm fireworks display and live music from Shaka Loves You the chart-topping Maala and Auckland super group Leisure on the Bath House stage. Wrap up warm as you’re going to want to stay out late.
- iHeartRadio Day on the Bay: This is a hilarious free event that you mustn’t miss, held at Queenstown Bay. It kicks off with the infamous Birdman competition, where people bring their crazy contraptions specially designed to take flight off the Queenstown Pier and into the icy Lake Wakatipu. Starts at 12pm.
Queenstown Winter Festival is when the locals come out to play – but it also attracts thousands of visitors from around New Zealand and the rest of the world.
Accommodation in Queenstown books up fast for Winter Festival. At Staysouth.com, we’ve still got some luxury Queenstown apartments available – including some in central Queenstown. Talk to us today if you want to come and join the party.