1. On August 1, it all kicks off with the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Evening at Steamer Wharf (just minutes walk from the gorgeous Esplanade Apartments) - the first event of the Clicquot in the Snow week which is set to bring just a touch of international alpine chic to our wee corner of the world. It was fabulous fun last year.
2. Avoiding overindulging in the Veuve will be athletes in town for Queenstown’s biggest winter multisport event, the Peak to Peak. Challenging fun for athletes, this event provides exciting spectator action on Saturday 3 August.
3. From August 15-18, The Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival brings together top winter alpine climbers to promote modern mixed and ice climbing.
4. But the big one is the Audi Quattro Winter Games NZ – set to showcase the world’s elite snow sports athletes between 15 and 25 August. Shaun White, aka the Flying Tomato, is topping the celebrity list at the moment – everyone in town’s amped for his return to our local halfpipes.
5. And on the last day of the month, August 31, the rainbow lights up for Gay Ski Week which is a week of parties and skiing for gay, lesbian and straight people alike.
6. And one more for good measure – Kiwi band Katchafire play at Loco on 25 August – definitely worth checking out this reggae outfit from Hamilton.
To enjoy all this activity, you need the best, most comfortable self-contained accommodation you can find. We reckon that means Queenstown apartments managed by Staysouth – a local company, staffed by local people, who understand the rigours of a week in town, and have thought about the little things that make it easy and fun.
Book now for your escape from the everyday – Staysouth has more than 40 Queenstown apartments – at Esplanade Queenstown - just a few minutes' lakeside walk to town, the Lakeridge Condos, a little quieter but still very close, and still others in the Village Queenstown complex peacefully located in the sun just 10 minutes' water taxi away from the centre of town and 5 minutes' drive from Queenstown Airport.