As all Staysouth properties are privately and individually owned, late cancellations have a significant impact. We require a current credit card with expiry date and CCV number to confirm a booking. Full payment of the booked accommodation and services is required 30 days prior to arrival and 60 days for stays in Peak Periods.
All cancellation and/or amendment requests must be received in writing via email. Staysouth will acknowledge and confirm receipt of all amendments and cancellations by return email.
Cancellation: means the cancellation of all or any number of nights confirmed i.e. it may be the entire booking or it may be some of the nights/part of the total nights booked. A request to decrease the number of nights of stay is considered a cancellation of those nights now not staying i.e. if booked for 8 nights and you wish to cancel 3 of those nights to now only stay 5 nights – the 3 nights “not stayed” are considered a cancellation.
Cancellation terms for all bookings for stays during NON-PEAK Periods:
If cancelling more than 30 days before check-in, NO CANCELLATION FEE applies, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
If cancelling within 30 days before check-in a CANCELLATION FEE of 100% of the total accommodation cost applies, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
Cancellation terms for bookings for stays during PEAK Periods (15Dec to 15Jan; 25Jun to 25Jul inclusive):
- If cancelling more than 60 days before check-in, NO CANCELLATION FEE applies, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
- If cancelling within 60 days before check-in a CANCELLATION FEE of 100% of the total accommodation cost applies
Any unused nights are considered a no-show or a last-minute cancellation and are non-refundable. No refunds will be given if a guest vacates the property early.
Cancellations and written refund applications received from the lead guest may be considered on occasion. Staysouth, at its sole discretion, may agree to a partial or whole refund on compassionate grounds (e.g. family bereavement). Please do not be offended if Staysouth requests proof of the reason for cancellation.
Any refunds due will only be refunded to the credit/debit card used to pay the deposit or by bank transfer if the deposit was paid by bank transfer.
Failure to receive relevant VISAs to travel to and stay in New Zealand will not be considered a viable reason for a refund.
Amendments: Should you wish to amend your booking; please contact us as soon as possible, in writing, so we may accommodate your request. Changes are at Staysouth’s discretion and due to availability, time of year and/or property owner requests/specifications may not always be possible. Staysouth reserves the right to charge an administration fee of NZD75-NZD250+GST to amend an existing booking.
Amendments must be received in writing 30 days prior to the original check-in date (or 60 days in the case of peak period stays) and means: a change of check-in date (must be completed within one year of the original booking’s check-in date), a change to the number of guests, the addition/cancellation of extras in the way of baby gear or guest services or housekeeping requirements or a change in the bed configuration selected at the time of confirmation.
A guest may transfer and amend booking dates subject to the following conditions:
- We receive the request in writing and more than 30 days prior to check-in (or 60 days in the case of peak period stays);
- You pay any/the balance owing on the original booking prior to the booking being amended;
- Staysouth cannot guarantee availability for your alternative requested dates;
- Staysouth cannot guarantee the same overnight rate for your alternative requested dates of stay;
- If the new booking value is of a higher value to the original booking you will be required to pay the difference at the time the balance of payment would normally be due ie 30 days prior to the new check-in date (or 60 days in the case of peak period stays);
- If the new booking value is less than the original booking, no refund will be given;
- Any amount previously paid towards the original booking will be credited against the new booking;
- New dates must be notified, and availability and rates confirmed at the time of transfer;
- A change of date is only permitted once, thereafter if you require dates to be changed, the request will be treated as a cancellation.
If a request to change the date of check-in is received within 30 days of the booking’s check-in date (or 60 days in the case of peak period stays), this will be considered a cancellation and treatment of this amendment/cancellation is at Staysouth’s sole discretion and may depend on the time of year; seasonality; availability; reason for the amendment etc.
Cancellation of Extras: These may be refunded if the following conditions are met:
- Cancelled more than 24hours prior to check-in or to when the service/extra is required.
- No costs have been incurred by Staysouth. Staysouth expects to recover all/any costs incurred on your behalf.
GUEST TRAVEL INSURANCE & LIABILITY
Staysouth.com Ltd. highly recommends guests carry Travel Insurance to protect against unforeseen and unexpected changes to travel plans which may cause booking cancellation and/or amendments and to protect the Lead Guest against any charges and costs associated with any damage done to and/or any breakages suffered to the property. Staysouth will make every effort to provide you with any documentation required for a travel insurance claim.