- Standard check-in time: from 03:00pm
- Standard check-out time: before 10:00am
Staysouth is not based at the property and the property does not have an onsite “Reception” so the following have been put in place for guests’ seamless and easy self-check-in (and check-out):
A pre-arrival email with directions, your apartment/villa number, instructions on how to access your property and its Wi-Fi access details will be emailed directly to the Lead Guest approximately 5-7 days prior to your check-in date. If your booking has been made and confirmed within 5-7 days of check-in, your pre-arrival email will be sent as soon as the booking has been paid in full.
On the day of check-in; and once the security bond (by way of a pre-authorisation on the Lead Guest’s credit card) is in place and the property is ready for you to self-check-in; a further email & SMS/mobile phone text message will be sent to the Lead Guest with the property’s door or lock-box code. This will then give you access to the property.
Guests may check-in at any time from 3pm onwards.
Meet & Greet Service: Should you require a meet and greet; Staysouth is happy to conduct one. You will need to pre-book. Cost is NZD75 if conducted between 3-6pm and NZD150 if between 6-8pm. Should our staff need to wait for more than 15 minutes without any contact from you or if they are required to return at another time there will be a further call-out fee of NZD150+GST.
Check-in earlier than 3pm may be available by prior arrangement. Any early check-in requests cannot be guaranteed and will be charged as an additional fee to guests as follows;
- Prior to 11am will incur an extra nights charge
- Between 11am-1pm will incur 50% of the nightly charge
- Between 1pm-3pm will incur $150 charge
GUEST CHECK-OUT & DEPARTURE
Staysouth properties’ standard check-out is 10am and guests may depart at any time prior to 10am.
Before leaving we ask that you:
- Notify Staysouth of any breakages and/or damage to the property, its furniture or chattels;
- Stack and turn the dishwasher on;
- Clear the washing machine and dryer of any personal items and ensure they are empty;
- Ensure all furniture is in its original position;
- Place rubbish in the appropriate bins provided (see compendium for property-specific details) and ensure the property is neat and tidy;
- Empty the safety deposit box (if your property has one) and ensure it is unlocked and open;
- Turn off all heaters, gas fire, lights, hairdryers and electric blankets;
- Logout of any TV channel Apps e.g. Netflix;
- Ensure any keys, remote controls, garage door openers are all returned to where they were when you arrived;
- Lock all doors, close all windows.
Standard cleaning upon your departure is built into the nightly accommodation rate. However, the Lead Guest is responsible for ensuring the property is left in the same neat and tidy condition it was in when you arrived – this includes washing up, BBQ cleaned (if your property has a BBQ) & rubbish placed in appropriate bins.
Should an excessively littered or dirty property result in extended housekeeping hours required to service and prepare the property for the next guests; Staysouth.com, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge extra time at NZD50+GST per hour. Should it be necessary to clean carpets, fumigate, remove stains, repaint, repair finishes, or replace furnishings, textiles, BBQ or homewares, or remove excess rubbish; you will be charged for any Staysouth staff’s or any commercial or professional contractor’s travel, labour, materials, and merchandise, plus an administration fee of minimum 1 hour @ NZD50+GST. These costs will either be deducted from the security bond held against the Lead Guest’s credit card or in the event the transaction is declined, to any credit card held on file in reference to your booking.
Unauthorised late departure: Failure to depart the property without prior arrangement with Staysouth Reservations, will incur additional penalty fees to guests which may include and not limited to, additional staff or cleaning costs including waiting time and will be deducted from the security bond held against the Lead Guest’s credit card or debited to any credit card held on file in reference to your booking.
Authorised late check-out: Guests may only checkout after 10am by prior arrangement. Any late check-out requests cannot be guaranteed and will be charged as an additional fee to guests as follows;
- Between 10am-midday $150
- Between midday-2pm will incur 50% of the nightly charge
- After 2pm will incur and extra night's charge